Partners-in-Transition® Job Search Mentoring
A lot of job hunters are conducting the right activities to find new employment, but those who are not making reasonable progress are not doing these activities effectively. In doing so, the job seeker is probably underselling them self! In fact, many very successful executives are not very good at selling themselves.
Our mentoring process will help the mentee become better prepared for and more effective in their job search. It involves the exploration and determination of three critical factors:
- Refining/redefining job goals
- Optimally positioning oneself, including a critique of the resume
- Effective networking and outreach
Each issue will be discussed in a 1-on-1 sixty minute consultation with Edwards. Topic-specific preparation sheets and discussion guides are used to optimize the consultation time. The mentee will also be prepared for two interviews at their discretion.
An Emotional Intelligence assessment (EQi®) will be administered and discussed in a session to provide meaningful information for the mentor and mentee.
This mentoring program includes:
- EQi® Completion & Interpretation (Session 1 of 4)
- Three Topic-Specific 60 Minute 1-on-1 Mentoring Sessions
- Resume Critique & Recommendations
- Two 30 Minute 1-on-1 Interview Preparation Sessions
Mr. Edwards, a former company CEO, is also a trained Master Career Coach. He is a member of the International Coach Federation.